Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Failed writer seeks pseudo-creative outlet

Despite the fact that I think the mass populace should not be given the opportunity to spread their inane, ignorant, and idiotic ideas throughout the world wide interweb, I have nonetheless caved to the non-existent pressure and decided to throw my pointless drivel into the mix.

In my youth I disillusioned myself into thinking that I had some writing talent and some photographic talent. I did, after all, get an A- in my collegiate level photojournalism class. But when my A-, and my "show" of my prints in the local coffee shop (where I also worked, by the way), and my one attempt at photographing a wedding didn't catapult me to success I started to realize perhaps my Mom was wrong.

So many years later and many jobs later I still like to write and to take pictures despite making no productive use out of either. I've had a couple of things "published" on the world wide interweb, but I'd like to put some of my random crap out there on a more regular basis. So, here I am.

Now I don't actually read too many of what the kids call blogs, so I don't know how this generally works. But I imagine for the most part the blogger at this point might tell you a little about themselves, like their affinity for knitting and the names of all seventeen of their living cats and short bios of some of their dead ones. But I'm not doing this so the world can get to know me, I'm simply doing it as a creative outlet for some of my writing and a place to put some of my photos.

There will be short stories, music and restaurant reviews, photo series, and other random ramblings. So check back later if you've got nothing better to do.

-friday

1 comment:

Perdita said...

welcome to the blogosphere! i look forward to the photo series. A. was right, not wrong, btw.

best wishes,

A. Fan